At Russell Richardson we are continually striving to develop our company through
improving our sustainability.
As a company we are focused on:
- Reducing our environmental impact.
- Taking our corporate social responsibility seriously.
- Placing an equal value on people and nature as we do on growth and profitability.
Some of our achievements so far:
- Over the past year Russell Richardson have reduced the carbon footprint of their vehicles by 18% with our routes carefully planned and fleet of vehicles dispatched for optimum efficiency.
- Russell Richardson’s charity shredding and recycling service has raised over £10k for good causes in the past ten years.
- We have been ISO 14001 certified for our environmental management system since February 2011.
- Our shredded paper travels just 17 or 34 miles from our site in Sheffield to the mills for recycling into hygiene products.
- Russell Richardson have implemented purchasing processes to ensure goods are purchased from local, ethical and fair trade suppliers wherever possible.
Some of our sustainability targets:
- Russell Richardson are targeted to reduce overall carbon emissions by 20% by 2020 from the 2014 baseline.
- Recycling schemes are on track to increase overall recycling to 75% by 2020.
- Overall water consumption at our site is to be reduced by 10% over two years.
- Procurement of Euro 6 rated vehicles and electric vehicles for use where possible.